Train Thing Development Documentation
- Develop laptop (4) software to:
- Control the hardware (1) through DCC++ commands sent to:
- Raspberry Pi (3)
- Arduino (2)
- Control the hardware (1) based on:
- Assigned problem and
- Hardware status reported by Arduino (2).
- Turnout status reported by Raspberry Pi (3)
- √ Get simple communications between the laptop (not JMRI) and Raspberry Pi.
- √ Test all the added commands to the Raspberry Pi.
- √ Add throttle to control a train.
- Use sensor status to set signals.
- Use components to run "Grand Tour" script to run train, wait for sensors, set switches and semaphores.
- Build a simple no options figure-8 to show signals 'wake' and 'bow wave.'
- Build GUI to select problem parameters.