Train Thing Development Documentation
17 - 23 Feb
- More details and error correction to the addition to DCC++ command structure.
- Discovered that I installed the chip tray backwards, so it was a knuckle buster to turn the Y-axes handle; fixed it.
- Not really happy with how unstable the mill is using machine mounts vs bolting the mill to the floor.
- Some adjustments of the gibs and lots of lead screw backlash adjustment needed.
- Need to cleanup construction dust and other leftover debris. Should also replace the door frame after a little drywall work behind the door.
- Brought home a toolbox for "metal work" tools. Can't get it upstairs.
- Resolved the raspberry Pi fan control problem with a pvt312 photovoltaic relay. Circuit designed and tested. While waiting for some parts to build final fan board working on the control software.
- Still trying to decipher the spidev library to figure out how to drive two Unicorn displays connected to the Raspberry Pi SPI bus.