Train Thing Development Documentation
14 - 20 Dec '20
More glossary work.
I made two mistakes: To transport a camera around the track I went for cute . 1) It is too small, 2) It is a kit! Back to practical.
May need to adjust mounting of the semaphores to clear the camera.
Looking for displays to use the DSI interface on the Raspberry. Also found some displays that use the I 2 C interface. Need to move two pins on the custom header to free up the I 2 C.
Found/ordered a 3.5" DSI color display w/touchscreen. So I still have 2 GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ (3A)
The LEDs ordered 2 Dec seem to be lost. USPS last status was 4 Dec. emailed Jameco.
Had an epiphany last night, actually two! First insight was how to decide what aspect each signal should be. Secondly, I thought of a simpler way to change train paths to get into the parking lot. That same approach works to get out of the parking lot. So adding to the to-do list:
Rewrite signals section of Design Considerations
Gut and rebuild the Simulator to fix problems, clean-up design and implement new approach.
Lots of simulator work. Much cleaner.