Raspberry Pi (3A)
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (3A) Host custom software to:
- Manage command/response between the Laptop (4) and other processors:
- Receive all commands from the Laptop.
- Extract commands sent to this processor.
- Forward commands to the Raspberry Pi 4 (3) not for this processor.
- Forward responses from the Raspberry Pi 4 and Arduino (2) to the Laptop.
- Process command, respond to commands from the Laptop.
- Manage Turnout sensors: Add/Edit/Delete/Save.
- Monitor Turnout sensor status.
- Report changes in sensor status.
- Monitor traffic from/to the Laptop (4) and the rest of the system (3A) (3) & (2).
- Select and display randomized routes.
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with header to breakout 26 of the 28 GPIO pins.
- 24 pins to monitor state of 12 switches/turnouts provided by the Wabbits; 2 states Clear/Thrown for each switch.
- 2 pins to control two LEDs, 1 orange and 1 blue, traffic monitor.