Train Thing Development Documentation
3 - 9 Oct '22
- Added 'start', 'end', and 'abort' buttons to the TT graphics. Also procedures to turn buttons on/off and a click handler for when they are clicked.
- Step by step progress on old Laptop TrainThing code. Adding lots of changes made to the globals module based on lessons learned.
- Finally got a train to move! The problem(s) was all about timing - all about coordination between the three computers.
- Need to write the human GUI in the beginning. Maybe later. Step-by-step finding and correcting errors. So far nothing major.
- Added logging to the Laptop program modules to help debugging.
- Debugging is going slowly. In my defense there are over 2400 lines of code in 7 modules. When running there are 4 asynchronous task/threads running and I want to add 4 more (trains).
- Finely got a train to run around the large oval with its position displayed in the graphic. Too bad the train was supposed to run a figure-8!
- Adding software documentation as we go.
- Added documentation, and a block diagram for the Laptop software.