Train Thing Development Documentation
28 Feb - 6 Mar '22
- Remaining brackets drilled, milled and tapped. Ready to go.
- With a file salvaged some old post. With arms from last week, have parts to finish more signal towers.
- Still need to make some post. But first is it time to build the Lathe Dial Drop Indicator Holder?. Looking at the "Blondihacks" The holder design needs updating.
- Blued and marked the traffic monitor bracket. Ready to drill and mill.
- Ran the layout directly using DCC++, JMRI. Been a long time without checking power and discovered may thing are out of adjustment.
- With new (added) ambient light many sensors aren't working. May be that the black loco does not have reflective tape on the bottom.
- Had to shave a side of several of the 1/2" dowel bases for the signals. Locos touch the base coming around turns.
- Derailment around turnout 5 and 6 (again). ~~ No turnout 5 is in the wrong position.
- Double checked the programming for the controlling Wabbit.
- Switched the wires from Wabbit to slow-motor. Now turnout is correct.
- But then had to change wiring (rotate plugs) to correct:
- Red/green LED showing state of turnout.
- Polarity of power to frog.